Silk Chili Flakes (1.8 oz)
Burlap & Barrel's summery and spicy Silk Chili Flakes come from Kahramanmaras, Turkey. Also known as marash pepper, the Silk Chili is botanically identical to the Aleppo pepper, which has been cultivated in Syria for centuries. Due to the ongoing violence of the Syrian civil war, true Aleppo chili is unfortunately no longer available for import.
Burlap & Barrel's Silk Chili Flakes are naturally preserved with a little bit of salt and sunflower seed oil to keep them fresh and flavorful.
They have a warm, tomato-like flavor and a medium heat, similar to Espelette and Korean chilis. Use in any dish in need of a little excitement, from scrambled eggs to burgers to brownies. Perfect for cooking or finishing.
- Origin: Kahramanmaras, Turkey
- Aliases: Aleppo pepper, Marash / Maras pepper, pul biber
- Process: Sun-dried and stone-ground
- Ingredients: Silk Chili (Capsicum annuum), sunflower seed oil, salt (salt content is 1% by weight, or about 0.5 grams per jar)
- Tasting notes: Roasted Tomato • Honey • Mediterranean Sun