Smoked Pimenton Paprika (1.8 oz)
Sweet, locally grown red pimentón peppers are slowly dried over oak coals, which imbue them with a rich, smoky flavor that imparts a savory depth and gorgeous color to any dish.
Burlap & Barrel's Smoked Pimentón Paprika comes from a single family-owned fabrica in the Extremadura region of western Spain famous for pimenton de la vera, which has a Designation of Protected Origin status from the European Union.
Restaurateur Alissa Wagner told NY Mag it's her favorite paprika.
- Origin: Extremadura, Spain
- Aliases: pimentón agridulce
- Process: Smoked & dried over oak coals, then stone-ground
- Ingredients: 100% pimenton de la vera DOP (Capsicum annuum)
- Tasting notes: Hardwood Smoke • Ripe Tomato • Summery Sweetness